Click Me!!

Sunday, January 25, 2009

梁朝偉

Tony Leung Chiu-Wai (Chinese: 梁朝偉; pinyin: Liáng Cháowěi; Cantonese Yale: Lèung Chìuh Wáih; born 27 June 1962) is a Cannes Film Festival and five-time Hong Kong Film Award-winning Hong Kong film and television actor. He has been a major film star since the 1990s.



Photobucket


To distinguish himself from fellow actor Tony Leung Ka-Fai, he is known colloquially in Hong Kong as "Little Tony", while Ka-Fai is known as "Big Tony", nicknames which correspond to the actors' respective physical statures.



Photobucket


Leung is a Toisanese-Chinese born in Hong Kong, though his family came from Taishan, Guangdong, China. Leung's early childhood was punctuated with parents' quarrels and arguments about money. A mischievous boy in his early years, Leung's personality changed when his father, a chronic gambler, left the family when he was eight; he and his younger sister were brought up single-handedly by their mother.

Leung became a reticent, quiet child; his childhood experiences made it difficult for him to trust in marriage and paved the way for his acting career, which allow him "to express my emotions without me getting embarrassed. I can cry or smash things on the set, but no one knows that's just acting or that's how I am really feeling." "After my father left me when I was eight, I became afraid to talk to other people. In school, when other children talked about their parents, I would get very embarrassed. I didn't want to mention my father, so I seldom talked to others".



Photobucket


His childhood has had a lasting effect on Leung's personality. "I am very restrained, very suppressed, very quiet. I don't like to talk too much because I don't know what to do in front of an audience. Actually, I don't know how to communicate with others because of my background and I am scared."

On 21 July,2008, the couple got married in Bhutan in a royal fashion. The wedding created a media frenzy in Hong Kong, with companies spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to pursue the wedding party.

No comments: